If you are interested in collecting donations to be sent to Korah, or will be on a team travelling to Ethiopia and would like to pack items to bring for Hope for Korah, please reference our current list of needed items.
Please contact Karissa, our HFK Teams’ Coordinator, for more information on delivery instructions.
High Priority Needs
- Children vitamins (Gummies- no added iron please) & Adult vitamins - Berta Program/Medical Clinic
- Women’s long skirts & long dresses – NO BLACK please!
- Sanitary pads & soap*
*can be purchased in Ethiopia if you would like to make a financial donation towards these supplies
- New School Back packs
Kids' Souk Items:
HFK has a “Kids’ Souk” (meaning store) for kids in Gr. 1 – 12, where they will spend points they have earned for improving & doing well in school, having a good attitude, attending tutoring, etc. We can help these kids ages 6 –18 years old earn awesome prizes by collecting the following:
- Boys & Girls Soccer cleats - NEW or LIGHTLY USED & washed (ages 9 - 20)
- Athletic shoes for teenage boys and girls
- Boys & Girls pants ages 6 - 18
- Youth Jackets & Hoodies for all ages
- Boys’ & Girls’ athletic shirts, shorts, and pants
- Boys socks & underwear ages 6-18, Girls’ underwear, socks, camisoles & leggings ages 6-18
- Children’s sandals & shoes - NEW or LIKE NEW & washed, especially slip on shoes or running/athletic shoes. All sizes between Child’s 12 and Men’s 9.5 (sizes 33-42 Euro)
- Boys’ & Girls’ Hoodies, jackets, sweatshirts ages 6 - 18
- Boys Fun, vibrant T-shirts
- Boys hats/caps
- Girls T-shirts/tops and skirts/dresses (long) ages 7 – 18
- Personal items: sunglasses (vibrant colors), hair accessories, bandanas, etc.
- Other items: small toys & games (balls, chess, checkers, etc.), assorted candy & gum
Family Benefit Souk Items:
Our HFK Benefit Souk is a 2nd store we have set up, where women are empowered to earn & spend points to shop for items for themselves & their families. Points are earned through Income Generating Activities such as attendance, timeliness, learning skills, quality of work, as well as helping and serving others.
- Women’s sweaters & leggings
- Men’s small & med size shirts – polo, dress, nice t-shirts (no L or XL please)
- Shoes (women’s size up to 8.5 and men’s up to size 9.5) Women especially love nice flats.
- Decorative scarves – not wool!
- Children clothes all ages – especially boys & youth jeans
- Infant clothing
- Boys & Girls underwear, socks, and shoes
- Women’s and Men’s socks and underwear
- Monetary gifts towards the purchase of Ethiopian items to put into the souk such as wash basins, barrels, detergent, water carrying jugs, mattresses, blankets, etc.
ITEMS NOT NEEDED: Crayons, pencils, markers, sidewalk chalk, colouring books, children’s books (8 years old and younger), short skirts (must be below the knee).
To print off the list download the PDF below.